Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Short Stories - St. Lucy's Home for Girls Raised by Wolves; American Salvage

I have been on a short story kick lately. I think when some people go toward light reads during the summer, I go for brevity. Blame lack of attention span, or just a desire to absorb as much as possible - whatever it is, short stories seem to do the trick! Anyone who reads a lot of short stories knows that they aren't always light. In fact, it is an opportunity for a writer to show us just how good they are at their craft, and they have less space to do so. Two authors recently have really wowed me for completely different reasons.

St. Lucy's Home for Girls Raised by Wolves: Stories
St. Lucy's Home for Girls Raised by Wolves

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed _St. Lucy's_ as well. My favorites were the title story and "Children's Reminiscences of the Westward Migration."

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting the Reading Envy blog and podcast. Word verification has become necessary because of spam.