Sunday, February 17, 2013

None at All

It's the end of the week already, and I have read exactly zero short stories since my last post. None at all! Hopefully, Jenny was distracted by the Russian meteor and read little.

What did I do instead? I went to LTUE 31, a science fiction symposium, and had an excellent time. I figured I'd get some reading done there, but didn't do much at all. I came home with a short stack of books by some authors that were there - books by Howard Tayler, Tracy Hickman, Michael Collings, Michaelbrent Collings, Larry Correia, and Megan Whalen Turner. Lots of great things to read!

Space Eldritch, ed by Nathan ShumateI also bought the eBook version of a collection called Space Eldritch, edited by Nathan Shumate at Cold Fusion Media. The description: "a volume of seven original novelettes and novellas of Lovecraftian pulp space opera." Yeah, baby. Most of the authors in the collection were at LTUE. Here's the table of contents:

Foreword – Larry Correia
“Arise Thou Niarlat From Thy Rest” – D.J. Butler
“Space Opera“ – Michael R. Collings
“The Menace Under Mars” – Nathan Shumate
“Gods in Darkness” – David J. West
“The Shadows of Titan” – Carter Reid and Brad R. Torgersen
“The Fury in the Void” – Robert J Defendi
“Flight of the Runewright” – Howard Tayler

So, yeah, I'll be reading that.

Of course, all this writing talk has rekindled my desire to resume some of my own creative efforts. Stay tuned!

On the reading front, I did listen to most of the Jurassic Park audiobook (by Michael Crichton) in preparation for the next Good Story podcast. I will finish that today. Crichton really was terrific. I marvel at his uncommon interest in so many different things.

Next up, same as last week: "The Overcoat" by Nicholai Gogol

2 comments:

  1. Those stories sound interesting, I think the only author I recognize is Torgersen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful points altogether, you just gained a new reader.
    What may you recommend in regards to your submit
    that you simply made some days in the past? Any sure?

    Have a look at my blog post healthy diet Plans

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting the Reading Envy blog and podcast. Word verification has become necessary because of spam.