Thursday, March 20, 2014

Tournament of Books - this week's votes

I feel like I've already discussed the books, and since I'm still me, there's not a lot more to say.  So I'll just post who I would pick for each round this week!

  • March 18 - Hill William v. How to Get Filthy Rich in Rising Asia(My round is different since I picked Asia and the judge picked A Tale for the Time Being) - I think these are about even, but I guess I'll pick Hill William.
  • March 19 - The Good Lord Bird v. The Signature of All ThingsWell I never read Bird so I'll go with Signature.
  • March 20 - Eleanor & Park v. The SonEleanor & Park was wonderful, and The Son is so full of violence I may never even try it. E&P!
  • March 21 - Long Division v. The People in the TreesI had selected Long Division rather than The Goldfinch.  It had some issues and while I am looking forward to the author's next book, The People in the Trees is the best book in the tournament in my opinion, so it wins.  And it will keep winning. Um, spoiler alert.

2 comments:

  1. The People in the Trees is my pick to win too. I'm a little surprised you picked Long Division over the Goldfinch. Love seeing your picks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The People in the Trees is my pick to win too. I'm a little surprised you picked Long Division over the Goldfinch. Love seeing your picks.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting the Reading Envy blog and podcast. Word verification has become necessary because of spam.