Thursday, February 2, 2017

Books Read in January 2017





Books pictured are this month's 5-star reads

Total Books Read: 30

Titles from Tournament of Books: 5

Audiobook: 3
eBook: 7
Print: 20

Graphic novel: 3
Memoir: 3
Non-fiction/essays (not including memoir): 6
Short stories: 2

Male: 11
Female: 18
Multi/other: 1

1. Monstress, Vol. 1: Awakening by Marjorie Liu (Hoopla eBook from library; my review)****
2. Coast Range: A Collection from the Pacific Edge (eARC from Edelweiss; my review)****
3. Wishful Drinking by Carrie Fisher (Hoopla audiobook from library; my review)****
4. Monterey Bay by Lindsay Hatton (library book; my review)***
5. Cannery Row by John Steinbeck (personal copy; my review)*****
6. Skylark Farm by Antonia Arslan (personal copy; my review)***
7. The Never-Open Desert Diner by James Anderson (library book; my review)****
8. The Princess Diarist by Carrie Fisher (audio ARC; my review)*****
9. Girl Waits with Gun by Amy Stewart (book swap; my review)****
10. The Organized Mind: Thinking Straight in the Age of Information Overload by Daniel J. Levitin (library book; my review)****
11. Known and Strange Things: Essays by Teju Cole (personal copy; my review)****
12. The Lightkeepers by Abby Geni (library book; my review)***
13. What We Do Now: Standing Up For Your Values in Trump's America edited by Denis Johnson (eARC from Edelweiss; my review)****
14. After by Claire Tristram (interlibrary loan; my review)****
15. Treats by Lara Williams (library book; my review)****
16. The Grownup by Gillian Flynn (freebie from Book of the Month; my review)**
17. The Mother of All Questions: Further Reports from the Feminist Revolutions by Rebecca Solnit (eARC from Edelweiss; my review)****
18. Ema, the Captive by Cesar Aira (Malaprops book subscription; my review)****
19. Giant Days, Vol. 1 by John Allison (Hoopla eBook from library; my review)****
20. Faithful by Alice Hoffman (library book; my review)***
21. The Course of Love by Alain de Botton (library book; my review)***
22. Ground Zero, Nagasaki: Stories by Yuichi Seirai (library book; my review)****
23. When Women Were Birds: Fifty-Four Variations on Voice by Terry Tempest Williams (personal copy; my review)****
24. News of the World by Paulette Jiles (library book; my review)****
25. The Peculiar Life of a Lonely Postman by Denis Theriault (eARC from Edelweiss; my review)***
26. Things We Have in Common by Tasha Kavanagh (eARC from Edelweiss; my review)****
27. Bitch Planet, Vol. 1: Extraordinary Machine by Kelly Sue DeConnick (personal copy; my review)****
28. Swimming Lessons by Claire Fuller (Book of the Month; my review)****
29. Invisible Man, Got the Whole World Watching by Mychal Denzel Smith (Audible audiobook; my review)*****
30. Who Was Changed and Who Was Dead by Barbara Comyns (personal copy; my review)****

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting the Reading Envy blog and podcast. Word verification has become necessary because of spam.